Link Building is one of the most critical things you can do in terms of off-page SEO. Search engines like Google, rank pages higher in search results, that are dependent on the number and nature of links pointing to those pages. The more backlinks you have, the more certain you will be to rank them when somebody looks for keywords related to your website.
The most widely recognized approaches to fabricate backlinks to a website include the following:
- Directory Submission/Forum Posting: There are a considerable amount of directories and forums out there. Some directories allow free listing, while others will charge a reasonable amount of fee. Most of the forums will be free to use. If you share valuable content, you can get a backlink to your website/content.
- Paid Links: In this kind of approach, instead of asking for a link from a site owner, you pay a certain fee for each backlink to your website.
- Link Exchange: This is where you request another site owner for a backlink to your website. But you have to give them a backlink to their website in return.
- Guest Posting: In this approach, you create backlinks using content, ranging from articles to infographics with a backlink in the content or author bio.
Among the above techniques, guest posting is somewhat a moot point, and many marketing experts stay suspicious concerning whether it is viable for SEO.
What is Guest Blogging?
Guest blogging is publishing your content on other websites, ideally identified with the niche. When in doubt, guest bloggers join links to the sites into their visitor posts, directing people to their platforms. Be that as it may, this is turning out to be progressively troublesome because numerous sites include nofollow or even strip out links.
Guest blogging with the end goal of natural link building remains a significant SEO strategy. Guest blogging, whenever executed effectively, can fundamentally help your rankings, online visibility, brand attention, and authority, driving enormous traffic and conversion. Effective natural link building requires time; however, those endeavors pay off.
Four years back, Matt Cutts, who is a former head of webspam at Google, composed an article about guest blogging, guaranteeing this is a “malicious practice” and that he wouldn’t suggest guest posting. He put together his case concerning a letter from a guest blogger offering their services in a malicious way.
Although the article was composed some time back, numerous marketers, stay reluctant about guest blogging as a decent natural link building methodology and a compelling way to deal with inbound marketing.
There’s more to guest blogging than you think! Whenever drawn nearer with an inappropriate goal, it certainly can look like spam and can be a genuine danger to your reputation. Guest blogs of poor quality will be brought down by Google, who is especially exacting with regards to top-notch content.
Guest Blogging Best Practices
1. Create a Long Term Strategy
What are the few services you give your guest bloggers for reference? What features you would want to highlight? What are your target keywords? Your guest blogging procedure ought to concur with your long term content strategy. Your long term content technique should focus on long-tail keywords, keyword difficulty, and analysis.
2. Be Selective About Where You Pitch and Outreach
Pitching to one definitive site that is right for you, will be more powerful than aiming 100 legitimate sites that aren’t right for you.
Here are a few points that you should consider adding to your link prospecting research:
- Select sites related to your niche: If your niche is something related to education, then posting something about a health site will be irrelevant.
- Review the performance of the site: After you’ve limited your search to a selected number of websites inside your niche, verify how well everyone is getting along the web.
- Be sure about the bio: Regardless of whether you’ve been an immense fan of a site for quite a long time, never pitch for a guest post on the off chance that you won’t get a featured bio.
3. Compose a Guest Blog That Drives Traffic to Your Site
Making your pitch is intense; however, composing the guest post itself is considerably harder. Here are a few hints that will cause your composition to reverberate with readers:
- Know the intent of the reader: Individuals don’t read for the sake of entertainment. They pursue it since they need something. Possibly they need information that they can move on, assistance that can make things simpler for them, or a motivation that can affect their dull, exhausting lives. Your main goal is to discover what they need. When you figure out their intention, you can create a guest post that will gasp your readers and make them pursue your site’s link.
- Begin with a catchy headline: A headline creates a major impact on the readers, as this is they choose to proceed with your post. Make sure that the headline is in the title case and contains catchy words.
- Create content that is easy to digest: Follow the steps for designing creative content:
Construct various sections within a blog: An ordinary reader will run when they meet a long block of broken material. It’s a smart thought to separate your subject into segments and subdivide those areas.
- Use images: Images give life to your blog. Additionally, they assist you with delineating focuses and clarify ideas in an effective and charming manner.
- Prefer short paragraphs: Try not to go more than six sentences for any section. Consider breaking the article into subdivisions.
4. Reply to the Comments
Guest blogging is not just about creating content but you also need to engage with your audience on a specific, individual level. In this way, when readers comment on your post, you should reply to them. Answer their inquiries and connect with them. By proving you’re dynamic, you can expand your conversion rates and put yourself up front in readers’ minds.
Advantages of Guest Blogging
Boost in Rankings:
Having various sites pointing your own, your backlink profile will be broadened, which makes it less vulnerable to some algorithm changes. By having your website included on another, the readership of the highlighted website may reveal to your site. This convergence of new readers will likewise positively affect traffic and leads.
Boost in Traffic:
Traffic from guest blogging can come in two different ways. The first approach is immediate referral traffic that originates from somebody clicking onto your link from content on an outsider website.
The second is through the search engine rank increment. On the off chance that the link is do-follow, this is a point where your rankings in the SERPS will build, which in turn raises your traffic. While it can take half a month for this to happen, your traffic is probably going to increment inevitably. This increment in traffic may change over into higher promotion income, sales, or leads.
Boost in Reputation:
Reputation and validity are two factors that all organizations must need to guarantee long haul achievement. Most beneficial specialties online are immeasurably oversaturated with nasty sites and complex organizations. By having your site referenced on a power outlet, your validity will increment, and individuals will take a gander at your brand as a milestone.
You can create this credibility by posting guest blogs on potential websites. Regardless of these kinds of links being hard to obtain, they merit the additional work as they can change your business’ quality on the web. Four out of five individuals accept that organizations are increasingly reliable when they make their own content. Hence, put your brand name on the content that lines up with your own brand picture and ethos.
Try not to consider guest blogging as a link building exercise. Consider it an approach to situate yourself or your brand as an expert in your niche and a strategy to drive guests back to your site. Such content is an excellent one that fits the blog and its audience. Your lovely, refined content sparkles on a website with a large number of followers, the outcomes are apparent to anticipate.
Readers will be easily attracted to your blog. You will be regarded as a thought leader. Your blog will pick up its pack of supporters. Also, you’ll gain some quality backlinks.